Welcome to New Hanover County Engineering
The New Hanover County Engineering Department provides a range of engineering, shore protection, and project management services, both to the community and to other county departments. The Engineering Department's services include the administration and implementation of the Stormwater and Drainage Ordinance, as well as the Sedimentation and Erosion Control Ordinance. As a local program office of the state, Engineering issues and enforces Sedimentation and Erosion Control Permits for all non-governmental land-disturbing activities within New Hanover County and the City of Wilmington. Engineering is also responsible for the maintenance of abandoned cemeteries within New Hanover County.
- Where can I report a drainage issue?
- Where can I report a sediment and erosion control issue?
- When is a Land Disturbing Permit required?
- What is the purpose of a Land Disturbing Permit?
- Does the Engineering Department issue Land Disturbing Permits in the City of Wilmington?
- Where can I obtain a Land Disturbing Permit?
- What is the timeline to obtain a Land Disturbing Permit?
- How much is a Land Disturbing Permit?
- How long is a Land Disturbing Permit valid?
- What are the consequences for failure to obtain a Land Disturbing Permit?
- When is a Stormwater Permit required?
- Does the Engineering Department issue Stormwater Permits in the City of Wilmington?
- Does the county issue state Stormwater Permits?
- Does New Hanover County issue Wetlands Permits?
- Where is the New Hanover County Engineering Department located?